Mailboxes TabIn the Mailboxes tab you can view all mailboxes in the domain at the domain level. At the Domain Level, you can also enable the domain to automatically discover and add mailbox addresses to the Mailboxes list via callout verification by clicking on the Enable link found at the top of the Mailboxes tab for Automatically populate the list with mailboxes determined as valid by the destination mailserver. Unavailable when rejection of email to not listed mailboxes is inactive.
View mailboxesIn the Mailboxes tab, click on Show Results to view all mailboxes. To search for specific mailboxes, use the Query Rules panel to refine your search and click on Show Results to display matching results.
Add mailboxYou can add multiple mailboxes at once by using the Import mailboxes from CSV feature on this page. You may export mailboxes as well by using the Export mailboxes as CSV feature here too. If you have Automatically populate the list with mailboxes determined as valid by the destination mailserver... enabled, mailboxes will be detected and configured automatically but you may want to add and customise the behaviour of specific mailboxes. To do this follow these steps:
- Click on + Add mailbox
- Enter the Mailbox name (email address local part) - If you are at the domain level, the domain will be automatically selected
The following settings are optional
- Select a Timezone - Using recommended settings here will use settings from the Configuration Tab
- Choose an appropriate Date format - Using recommended settings here will use settings from the Configuration Tab
- Choose an appropriate Time format - Using recommended settings here will use settings from the Configuration Tab
- Select whether this mailbox should be Filtered - Using recommended settings here will use settings from the Configuration Tab
- Select whether this mailbox should be Archived
- Select whether this mailbox should have Automatic Email Scout Reports enabled
- Advise if this mailbox is a Distribution List - These mailboxes are not expected to send mail directly and so messages with a distribution list address as a sender may be blocked
- Set if the mailbox should disregard all legitimate email without a rejection response - This setting allows for no-reply@ style mailboxes, where all mail should be accepted but will not be read, and so will be immediately discarded.
- Advise if this mailbox is a Shared Mailbox - A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send email messages.
- Save the mailbox - you will now see the mailbox added to the list for the domain.
Please be aware that you cannot use non US-ASCII characters in the local part of a mailbox.
- For a single mailbox - Alongside the mailbox you want to edit, click on the dropdown menu and select Edit.
- Alongside the following settings:
- Filtered (incoming) - If you disable this, filtering on the selected mailboxes is switched off. Effectively the recipients are Whitelisted.
- Alongside the following settings:
- Archiving enabled - Yes=Archiving is active; no=Archiving is inactive.
- Automatic Email Scout Report Activation -Yes=ESRs are activated automatically; No=Automatic ESRs are inactive.
- Distribution list - Yes=the address is a distribution list; No=the address is not a distribution list.
- Discard all email without rejection response - Yes=all emails for that mailbox will be rejected without a bounce being generated; No=emails will be received for that mailbox.
- Shared Mailbox - Yes=the address is a shared mailbox; No=the address is not a shared mailbox.
- Use recommended - If selected the default recommended setting specified in the Configuration tab is applied.
- Click Apply.
Remove one or multiple mailboxes
- For a single mailbox - Alongside the mailbox you want to remove, click on the dropdown menu and select Remove.
- Click Remove
Mailboxes cannot be undeleted. If you have deleted the mailbox, it cannot be restored so you must add it as a new mailbox and set up all configuration again.Whitelist a recipient by switching off incoming filtering on that mailbox.
- At Domain Level, select General > Mailboxes Configuration.
- Click to open the Mailboxes tab and use the Query Rules panel to search for the relevant mailbox. Click Show Results to see all matching results.
- Click on the dropdown to the left of the mailbox and select Edit to open the Edit mailbox dialog.
- Expand the Filtered (Incoming) panel and select No.
- Click Save.